- NMR Facility
- About Us
Debra A. Schwinn, MD
- Researcher, Mitochondria and Metabolism Center
- Professor, Department of Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine
- Adjunct Professor, Pharmacology, Genome Sciences
- Molecular pharmacology of perioperative genomics
- Role of genetic variability on patient outcome after surgery
- Molecular pharmacology of stress hormone receptors (a1-adrenergic receptors)
- American Society of Anesthesiologists, 2007 Excellence in Research Award
- 2002-present, Institute of Medicine of the National Academies
- 1988-present, American Board of Anesthesiology
- National Institutes of Health, 5R37 HL049103, "Subcellular distribution and regulation of ALA-adrenoceptors"
- National Institutes of Health, 1T32 GM086270, "Anesthesiology and perioperative medicine research training"
- Turer AT, Stevens RD, Bain JR, Muehlbauer MJ, van der Westhuizen J, Mathew JP, Schwinn DA, Glower DD, Newgard CB, Podgoreanu MV (2009) Metabolomic profiling reveals distinct patterns of myocardial substrate use in humans with coronary artery disease or left ventricular dysfunction during surgical ischemia/reperfusion., Circulation 119 (13), 1736-46.
- Morris DP, Lei B, Wu YX, Michelotti GA, Schwinn DA (2008) The alpha1a-adrenergic receptor occupies membrane rafts with its G protein effectors but internalizes via clathrin-coated pits., J Biol Chem 283 (5), 2973-85.
- Michelotti GA, Brinkley DM, Morris DP, Smith MP, Louie RJ, Schwinn DA (2007) Epigenetic regulation of human alpha1d-adrenergic receptor gene expression: a role for DNA methylation in Sp1-dependent regulation., FASEB J 21 (9), 1979-93.
- Mathew JP, Podgoreanu MV, Grocott HP, White WD, Morris RW, Stafford-Smith M, Mackensen GB, Rinder CS, Blumenthal JA, Schwinn DA, Newman MF (2007) Genetic variants in P-selectin and C-reactive protein influence susceptibility to cognitive decline after cardiac surgery., J Am Coll Cardiol 49 (19), 1934-42.
- Morris DP, Michelotti GA, Schwinn DA (2005) Evidence that phosphorylation of the RNA polymerase II carboxyl-terminal repeats is similar in yeast and humans., J Biol Chem 280 (360), 31368-77.
Publications listing at Scientific Commons:
Debra A. Schwinn
1959 NE Pacific St, Room BB1461
Seattle, WA 98195