Minor in MSE
Students majoring in other departments at the University of Washington can receive a minor in Materials Science and Engineering by satisfying the following requirements. There is no formal admission requirement for the minor.
Students must complete the following courses with a minimum GPA of 2.0 in each course.
- MSE 170 Fundamentals of Materials Science 4 credits
- MSE 321 Thermodynamics & Phase Equilibrium 4 credits
- MSE 322 Kinetic & Microstructure Evolution 4 credits
- MSE 331 Crystallography & Structure 3 credits
- MSE 333 Materials Characterization 3 credits
- MSE 342 Materials Processing I 3 credits
- MSE 351 Electron Theory of Engr. Materials 3 credits
- MSE 352 Functional Properties of Materials I 3 credits
- MSE 362 Mechanical Behavior of Materials I 3 credits