Create personal links
- Click the “CC” button to view English-language captions.
- Video requires Adobe Flash Player 9.x or higher.
To add personal links:
You can make MyUW pages more useful by adding links to content you use frequently, such as your class website. Before you add a link, you must first add a custom box, which will contain the link.
- To add a custom box, click Add Content. If you are on the “Bookmarks” page, click Add Custom Box.
- In the Name a New Custom Box input field, type your title, and then click Add. A confirmation message will show up. And the title of the new box will appear on the left.
- To add links to the new custom box, click the title. Then click the Edit button on the box.
- The Web address of the link can be 200 characters or fewer. The name of the link can be 50 characters or fewer.
- A valid Web address must start with http:// or https://, followed by a server name (for example myuw, in the Web address http://www.. A valid name can start with a letter or a number.
- If the Web address contains any non-ASCII character (American Standard Code for Information Interchange), MyUW will filter it out. ASCII characters include: a-z, A-Z, 0-9, and any of the following-, ., _, ~, :, /, ?, #, [, ], @, !, $, &, ‘, (, ), *, +, ,, ;, and =.
- Your links will be displayed in alphabetical order (case sensitive). If you would like them to appear in a specific order, try adding a number in front of each name.
- When you have reached the maximum number of custom boxes, MyUW will notify you with a message. Before you can add a new box, you must remove an old one.