Exams & Committees
Fill out and email the forms below to the Neuro Office: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Establishing a Supervisory Committee
- Use the Graduate School Faculty Locator, it will tell you who is INELIGIBLE to be your GSR on your Sup. Committee. To find out who can be your GSR:
- 1. Do a search for your PI’s last name,
- 2. Scroll down to appointments,
- 3. Take the Primary Appointment Department under your PI’s name
- 4. Delete your PI’s last name and input that department name in “Organization” and search
- 5. Anyone listed is NOT eligible to be your GSR.
- These Faculty are ineligible due to their roles in the programs governance (Sandy Bajjalieh, Andrés Barría, Beth Buffalo, Trisha Davis, Horacio de la Iglesia, Cheryl Kaiser, Maureen Neitz, David Perkel, Paul Phillips, Fred Rieke, John Scott, Garret Stuber, John Tuthill, and Rachel Wong)
See the Supervisory Committee Page for full details and requirements.
Request to Form a Supervisory Committee – Must be emailed to Neuro Office for approval.
The General Exam
- The student must pass
- Registration as a graduate student is required the quarter the exam is taken
See the General Exam Page for full details and requirements.
To reserve a room for the general exam, please email the GPA or email@example.com.
- Establish a Reading Committee for your dissertation.
- Director approval required.
See the Reading Committee Page for full details and requirements.
Graduate Program in Neuroscience Request to Form a Reading Committee – Must be emailed to Neuro Office for approval.
The Final Examination
- Student must pass, usually devoted to the defense of the dissertation.
- Registration as a graduate student is required the quarter the exam is taken and the degree is conferred.
- The General and Final Examinations cannot be scheduled during the same quarter.
See the Final Exam Page for full details and requirements.
UW Grad School Reading Committee Approval Form – Must be uploaded to UW ETD Administrator Site by last day of quarter .
Graduate School Dates & Deadlines