Puyallup & Tacoma, WA
1701 Third St SE, Suite 201
Puyallup, WA 98372
Site Director: Peter Kwon, MD
Office Manager: Cindy Gruhlke
At least 4-weeks prior to arriving for your clerkship:
1. Fill out the required paperwork and fax to Kareena Andreas.
- Immunization record including documentation of flu shot (Flu season starts Oct 1)
- MHS HIPAA, Confidentiality, Internet, NeedleStick Form
- MHS Information Services Intake Form
- IMPORTANT information to fill out page 1 of the form
- Sponsor Name = Kareena Andreas
- Sponsor Department = GME
- Company Name = UW
- Company Address = 1959 NE Pacific St, Box 356340, Seattle, WA 98195
- Company Manager = UW Registrar
- Company Point-of-Contact Phone = 206-543-5560 | Fax = 206-616-3341
- Company Email =
- TractManager # = 94000.1259C
- Location = Good Samaritan and Tacoma General
- Page 2 of the form requires a "Licensed Entity (Company Manager Signature)". Dr. Kraus will act as the school representative.
- After signing the form yourself, send/scan the page to:
, box 356169, or fax 206-598-7698
- Delegate name leave blank
- MHS Sponsor leave blank
2. Six-panel oral swab drug screen. Contact Laura Ellis in A-300 at
to arrange. Laura will get the result to Kareena Andreas.
3. Online training. Note: You may skip this module if you are already proficient in EPIC.
MultiCare Health System
Best contact is Email:
Office 253-403-8684 Emergency Text 253-861-1684 Fax: 253-403-6900 (temporary fax)
PO Box 5299, MS: 311-B-GME, Tacoma WA 98415
Orientation, First Day & What To Bring
Clerkship orientation: Orientation is at the UW at 8:00AM on the first day of your clerkship. The room number is on the Didactics page. Room information may change at the end of each rotation, so be sure to check the table the weekend before you begin.
Equipment to bring: White coat and name tag, reflex hammer, tuning fork (128Hz), stethoscope, (Ophthalmoscope recommended).
Travel & Housing
Mileage reimbursement: You will receive mileage reimbursement for one roundtrip to and from Puyallup, and for your trips back and forth to Seattle for weekly class meetings. Contact Scott Bailey at
to arrange for reimbursement.
This site has two clinics: one in Tacoma and one in Puyallup. Students will spend time at both clinics, but will start in the Puyallup clinic. The clinics are 19 miles apart. Keep track of which site you are travelling from on the days you come to Seattle for class meetings. The Puyallup and Tacoma sites are not equal distance from Seattle, and so your starting point is necessary in order to reimburse you properly.
Housing: Housing is available at request.
Driving directions to the Puyallup clinic: Please contact the office manager for directions, or use one of the online map/directions websites (such as Google maps or Map Quest). Click here for directions to MultiCare Hospitals.