St. Luke's Neurology Clinic
125 E. Idaho St.
Boise, ID 83702
Site Director: James Whiteside, MD
Clinic #: 208-381-7335
4 Weeks Prior To Clerkship
Are you a NEW or RETURNING student to St. Luke's?
- Please go to the online application. Fill out and submit the New Student Application. After your application is received, you will be directed to create a St. Luke's Online Orientation/Training account. Make sure your pop-up block setting and caps lock button are off. Please note if you experience any computer issues, such as not being able to create an account, complete or register for a training in your To Do activities list, we recommend you change browser to either Fire Fox or Google Chrome.
- Go to https://learn.slhs.org/learn
- Click Request New Student Account. For "username" use your university email (all lower case). Fill in the rest of the form and hit submit.
- You will be notified by email when your account is approved. May take 48 hours.
- Once your account has been approved, you will be required to complete all of the trainings listed in your To Do Activities list 2 weeks prior to your start date. This timeline is critical for requesting IT and/or badge access necessary for your clinical rotation.
- Submit a photo to Cynthia Probasco by email for your St. Luke's student badge.
- Please go to the online application. Fill out and submit the Returning Student Application.
- After your application is received, Cynthia Probasco will send you to St. Luke's online orientation/training instructions to log back into your online account. Make sure your pop-up block setting and caps lock button are off. Please note if you experience any computer issues, we recommend you change browser to either Fire Fox or Google Chrome.
- You will be required to complete the trainings listed in your To Do Activities list which will consist of expired and/or new trainings at least 2 weeks prior to your start date. This timeline is critical for requesting IT and/or badge access necessary for your clinical rotation.
Medical Education Coordinator
Center for Learning and Development
St. Luke's Health System
190 E Bannock, Boise, ID 83712
Travel & Housing
Housing: Fully furnished 2 bedroom/2 bath unit, laundry facilities located on site. Wireless internet access and cable TV provided. Housing is shared with other UWSOM 3 rd and/or 4 th year medical students. The housing is co-ed. The units are not suitable for family housing. No smoking/No pets.
If you require access to a 1 st floor apartment or are requesting to room w/same gender we will make every reasonable attempt to meet that request. Students MUST contact our office ASAP to advise us of any special requests.
Orientation, First Day & What To Bring
Clerkship orientation: You will need to view the away student orientation video on the Distance Learning page.
First day: Contact Dr. Whiteside ’s office at least one week before you begin to find our where and when to arrive on your first day.
Equipment to bring: White coat and name tag, reflex hammer, tuning fork (128Hz), stethoscope,
Pocket syllabus: A “pocket syllabus” is available at the clinic. A printable (PDF) version is also available on the Pocket Syllabus page.
Course requirements are listed below. Refer to the Distance Learning page for due dates.
Cases: Two case write-ups are due each week. Further information is available in the orientation video and on the Cases page. Your assigned case numbers are on the Distance Learning page. Please note that your assigned case numbers are different than for the Seattle-based students. Weekly case answers and video lectures will be available on the Distance Learning page on Thursdays after 1PM.
Patient log: You are required to log in the patients you have seen each week. The log is described in the clerkship orientation video. Additional details are on the Patient Log page.
Clinical & Bioethical CEX exercises: You are required to do both a clinical and a bioethical mini-CEX for this course. See the Mini-CEX page for details.
Presentations: Presentation requirements are described in the orientation video and are available on the Presentations page.
About The Site
There is a computer with Internet access available to you while in the office.