Dr. Hevner is a Professor in the Department of Neurological Surgery. He is also a Pathology Investigator at the Seattle Children’s Research Institute
Medical College of Wisconsin
Doctorate of Philosophy
Medical College of Wisconsin
Brigham and Women’s Hospital
University of California San Francisco
Stanford University Medical Center
GOOGLE SCHOLAR PROFILE:
- Hevner RF, Wong-Riley MT. 1989. Brain cytochrome oxidase: purification, antibody production, and immunohistochemical/histochemical correlations in the CNS. J Neurosci 9:3884-98.
- Luo XG, Hevner RF, Wong-Riley MT. 1989. Double labeling of cytochrome oxidase and ?-aminobutyric acid in central nervous system neurons of adult cats. J Neurosci Methods. 30:189-95.
- Hevner RF, Wong-Riley MT. 1990. Regulation of cytochrome oxidase protein levels by functional activity in the macaque monkey visual system. J Neurosci. 10:1331-40.
- Hevner RF, Wong-Riley MT. 1991. Neuronal expression of nuclear and mitochondrial genes for cytochrome oxidase (CO) subunits analyzed by in situ hybridization: comparison with CO activity and protein. J Neurosci. 11:1942-58.
- Hevner RF, Duff RS, Wong-Riley MT. 1992. Coordination of ATP production and consumption in brain: parallel regulation of cytochrome oxidase and Na+, K(+)-ATPase. Neurosci Lett. 138:188-92.
- Hevner RF, Wong-Riley MT. 1992. Entorhinal cortex of the human, monkey, and rat: metabolic map as revealed by cytochrome oxidase. J Comp Neurol. 326:451-69.
- Wong-Riley MT, Hevner RF, Cutlan R, Earnest M, Egan R, Frost J, Nguyen T. 1993. Cytochrome oxidase in the human visual cortex: distribution in the developing and the adult brain. Vis Neurosci. 10:41-58.
- Hevner RF, Wong-Riley MT. 1993. Mitochondrial and nuclear gene expression for cytochrome oxidase subunits are disproportionately regulated by functional activity in neurons. J Neurosci. 13:1805-19.
- Hevner RF, Liu S, Wong-Riley MT. 1993. An optimized method for determining cytochrome oxidase activity in brain tissue homogenates. J Neurosci Methods. 50:309-19.
- Hevner RF, Liu S, Wong-Riley MT. 1995. A metabolic map of cytochrome oxidase in the rat brain: histochemical, densitometric and biochemical studies. Neuroscience. 65:313-42.
- Qiu M, Anderson S, Chen S, Meneses JJ, Hevner R, Kuwana E, Pedersen RA, Rubenstein JL. 1996. Mutation of the Emx-1 homeobox gene disrupts the corpus callosum. Dev Biol. 178:174-8.
- Hevner RF, Kinney HC. 1996. Reciprocal entorhinal-hippocampal connections established by human fetal midgestation. J Comp Neurol. 372:384-94.
- Hevner RF, Horoupian DS. 1996. Pena-Shokeir phenotype associated with bilateral opercular polymicrogyria. Pediatr Neurol. 15:348-51.
- Chang SD, Steinberg GK, Rosario M, Crowley RS, Hevner RF. 1997. Mixed arteriovenous malformation and capillary telangiectasia: a rare subset of mixed vascular malformations. Case report. J Neurosurg. 86:699-703.
- Wong-Riley M, Antuono P, Ho KC, Egan R, Hevner R, Liebl W, Huang Z, Rachel R, Jones J. 1997. Cytochrome oxidase in Alzheimer's disease: biochemical, histochemical, and immunohistochemical analyses of the visual and other systems. Vision Res. 37:3593-608.
- Hevner R, Sobel RA. 1997. November 1996--premature baby with lethargy and coma. Brain Pathol. 7:839-40.
- Bulfone A, Wang F, Hevner R, Anderson S, Cutforth T, Chen S, Meneses J, Pedersen R, Axel R, Rubenstein JL. 1998. An olfactory sensory map develops in the absence of normal projection neurons or GABAergic interneurons. Neuron. 21:1273-82.
- Shelbourne PF, Killeen N, Hevner RF, Johnston HM, Tecott L, Lewandoski M, Ennis M, Ramirez L, Li Z, Iannicola C, Littman DR, Myers RM. 1999. A Huntington's disease CAG expansion at the murine Hdh locus is unstable and associated with behavioural abnormalities in mice. Hum Mol Genet. 8:763-74.
- Miyashita-Lin EM, Hevner R, Wassarman KM, Martinez S, Rubenstein JL. 1999. Early neocortical regionalization in the absence of thalamic innervation. Science. 285:906-9.
- Rubenstein JL, Anderson S, Shi L, Miyashita-Lin E, Bulfone A, Hevner R. 1999. Genetic control of cortical regionalization and connectivity. Cereb Cortex. 9:524-32.