Posting Classified Advertisements
Every time you submit an ad to our website, your email address is revealed to us internally but it is not automatically made public. You have the option of having your email address appear on the website next to your ad or you may opt to post your ad anonymously (in which case your email address will not appear publicly).
All ads submitted will be reviewed by UW Today editors and any ads deemed inappropriate at our sole discretion will be rejected. Policies for posting ads include, but are not limited to:
- You may post notices to donate or sell personal goods and services, such as furnishings, bicycles or books.
- Personal ads for romantic partners are not allowed, but you may use the classifieds to start interest groups, such as a book group or a tennis group. Or you may request information, such as a recommendation on the best software to use for a given task.
- Ads representing commercial, for-profit enterprises will not be accepted.
- Ads for consumable, repeat-sale commodities or commercial sales will not be accepted.
- Ads for real estate, whether for sale or rent, are limited to residential properties only.
- The item represented in the ad must be for sale or rent by the person submitting the ad. Ads submitted by employees representing others, or acting as an agent or second party, will not be accepted.
- Ads may not be used to promote a particular political or religious view.
- Individuals may also post ads requesting a needed item, such as a textbook or an apartment.
UW Today welcomes comments on our website, although occasionally we may designate an item as closed to comments.
Regardless of whether you have been afforded automatic posting privileges, UW Today editors will continue to review all comments submitted to our website and any comments deemed inappropriate at our sole discretion will be deleted. Policies for posting comments include, but are not limited to:
- All comments must be directly related to the item being commented upon (story, photo, etc.). Try to be informative and instructive.
- Keep your comments brief — no more than 200 words.
- Feel free to disagree in a civil way, but back up your argument with facts, not personal attacks. Don’t write things that are abusive, impolite or cause embarrassment.
- Profanity is not allowed.