NSP Home Page UW Home Page
Nutritional Sciences Program

Information for Current Students

Course Registration:

When registering for 600, 700 or 800-level course, please remember that you will need to complete the "Proposal for Independent Study Registration." This form needs to be signed by the student, instructor and director; this ensures that the appropriate people have approved your course of action. Proposal form (pdf)

Graduating Soon?

If you are a MS or MPH student who is planning on graduating within the next quarter, have the Graduate Program Assistant prepare a file review for you, and apply for your Master's Degree on-line. More information

On-Leave Status

If you want to go on-leave for a period of time, you must first consult with your advisor/supervisory committee chairperson. Together you will form a written plan for making progress toward the degree. More information

Updated December 12, 2013


Close Up - A Look at the People of SPH: Jennifer Otten

Jennifer Otten, Assistant Professor and expert on food systems, is featured in April's SPH Close Up.  How much food do we throw away?  About one out of every four grocery bags, says food expert Jennifer Otten.  Find out what we can do to reduce our waste: http://ow.ly/LYMcm


Healthy Nutrition: From Farm to Fork
Jamie Bachaus, NSP MPH student, and Jennifer Otten, NSP Assistant Professor, guest authored the March 2015 issue of Elevate Health, the quarterly research digest of the President's Council on Fitness, Sports & Nutrition. The issue explores the link between public health and food systems and looks at recent evidence on how the US food system impacts such things as food availability, affordability, and quality.
Download the Issue

Faculty Postions Available The Nutritional Sciences Program and Department of Health Services are accepting applications to fill positions at the rank of Assistant Professor or Associate Professor (WOT). Position Announcement & Application Instructions



NSP   |   305 Raitt Hall  |   Box 353410   |   (206)-543-1730 VOICE   |   (206) 685-1696 FAX   |   nutr@u.washington.edu