Minor in Nutritional Sciences Required Courses
Minor Overview | Requirements | Schedule Planning | Advising | FAQ
The Minor in Nutritional Sciences requires 25 credits total. See the Nutritional Sciences Minor handout for more information.
Required courses (10 credits total)
Perspectives in nutrition (1 credit)
||Nutrition Seminar - selected topics (1)
Elective coursework (15 credits)
* Prerequisite for the Graduate Coordinated Program in Dietetics
Other Academic Requirements:
- A minimum of 13 credits must be taken from the School of Public Health (NUTR, ENV H, or EPI courses).
- A minimum of 15 credits must be completed in 300- and 400-level courses.
- A minimum of 15 credits applied toward the minor must be completed in residence at the University of Washington.
- A minimum of 15 credits applied to the minor must be taken outside of the student's major requirements. This means these classes may not apply both to the satisfying major requirements and minor requirements.
- Minimum cumulative 2.0 GPA needed for courses presented for the minor.
- Students must declare a major and have completed a minimum of 45 credits before declaring a minor.
- Students must have the major advisor sign off on minor declaration paperwork to ensure satisfactory progress requirements are met.
Nutritional Sciences Program
School of Public Health
Undergraduate Academic Advising
Food at UW
Mercer Court Food Exploration Community
Updated July 24, 2014