The Nutritional Sciences Program enrolls new students in autumn quarter only. Due to course availability and sequencing, admission for quarters other than autumn is not possible. The application deadline for Autumn 2016 will be December 1, 2015.
How to Apply
Autumn 2016 Applicants Please Note: . The application instructions below are provided for reference only. To apply for Autumn 2016, please review the instructions and download the application forms after July 1, 2015, to ensure you are using the current procedures and forms.
- Before submitting an application, please review and ensure that you have met the minimum Admission Requirements.
- Use the UW Graduate School’s Online Application to submit the following materials. The link is provided under the first step below. All information and materials must be provided using the online application. Please do not submit hard copies of any application materials by mail.
- Graduate School Application & Application Fee
Go to https://www.grad.washington.edu/applForAdmiss/. Follow the procedures to create a new profile or log in if you have an existing account. Please select the following options when you are asked to select the “Application Type” and “Graduate Program” for your application.
- Application Type: “Graduate”
- Graduate Program: To apply for:
Master of Science — Choose “Nutritional Sciences (MS)”
Master of Public Health — Choose “Public Health – Nutritional Sciences (M of Public Health)”
Doctor of Philosophy — Choose “Nutritional Sciences (PhD)”
After you have completed the application and uploaded the required materials, you will be asked to pay the application fee to submit and complete your application. The graduate school application fee is $85.
- Nutritional Sciences Application with Goal Statement Please complete the application form and save it as a Word document or PDF. You will be asked to upload it while completing the Graduate School application as instructed above.
- Graduate Coordinated Program in Dietetics (GCPD) Application
If you are applying for the Graduate Coordinated Program in Dietetics (RD Training Program), please complete this additional application. Save it as a Word document or PDF and upload it while completing the Graduate School application.
- Scanned or PDF Copies of Your UNOFFICIAL Transcripts
You will be asked to upload unofficial copies of your transcripts as a step in the Graduate School application. These can be copies that you have scanned or downloaded from a university website. When completing the application, be sure to list schools where in progress courses are being taken so that you can update grades once grades arrive. Fall quarter grades must be updated by 12/30. Transcripts must be submitted online as instructed in the application. Please do not mail hard copies of your transcripts to our office. We are unable to use hard copies and it slows down application processing. If you are offered admission, official transcripts will be requested before you enroll.
- Three Letters of Recommendation
Please provide contact information for your recommenders where requested in the Graduate School application. Each recommender will then receive an email that provides instructions and a link to submit their letter electronically. You should follow up with your recommenders to ensure that letters are submitted by the application deadline. Letters may come from employers, professors, or previous colleagues; NOT from family members or spouses.
- GRE Scores
Official GRE scores must be requested from ETS and submitted to the University of Washington using Institution Code 4854 (no department code is needed). The official scores will be transmitted electronically to the UW. Please see the ETS website for additional information on sending GRE scores. Scores older than 5 years will not be accepted. November 15 is the last date to take the GRE to ensure scores will arrive by the December 1 deadline.
- International Applicants: TOEFL Scores or Other Required English Proficiency Exam Score
Official TOEFL scores must be requested from ETS and submitted to the University of Washington. The official scores will be transmitted electronically to the UW. Please see the ETS website for additional information on sending TOEFL scores. November 15 is the last date to take the TOEFL to ensure scores will arrive by the December 1 deadline. If you are using another test that satisfies the English Proficiency Requirement, please follow the instructions from the test provider to submit official scores to the University of Washington.
Thank you for your interest in the Nutritional Sciences Program.
If you have any questions about the application, please email us at email@example.com.