Northwest AETC, in collaboration with Project ECHO, launched a new online clinical education and case consultation service in Winter 2012 (NW AETC ECHO). This series is co-provided by the University of Washington School of Medicine, Continuing Medical Education, and School of Nursing, Continuing Nursing Education. Clinicians who are selected to participate receive:
- Mentorship from an interdisciplinary team of HIV specialists in infectious disease, internal medicine, psychiatry, pharmacy, and nursing/case management
- Weekly clinical updates (see topic list) on latest strategies in HIV care (see topic list)
- Free, consultations on specific patients on their panel, with written recommendations from infectious disease, psychiatry, and pharmacy faxed within 24 hours
- Free software to allow weekly video connection from PC's directly to specialists team
- Access to specialist clinicians between weekly sessions for emergent needs
- Contact with other clinicians caring for HIV patients in underserved settings
- Recognize the continuum of HIV care
- Apply principles of best practices on HIV care
- Manage clinical complexity in treating HIV disease
Upcoming Conference Topics
Thursday, October 8, 2015
"STD Guidelines Update"
Brian Wood, MD
Thursday, October 15, 2015
"ID Week Review"
Brian Wood, MD
2015 Clinical Updates
2014 Clinical Updates
2013 Clinical Updates
2012 Clinical Updates
NW ECHO Web-Only
The University of Washington School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Washington School of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 60.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
School of Nursing: A certificate for up to 60.00 contact hours will be awarded for the period July 1, 2015 through June 30, 2016.
- Continuing Nursing Education at the University of Washington School of Nursing (UWCNE) is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
- UWCNE is approved as a clock hour provider by the Washington State Board of Education.
- Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider #07218.
- UWCNE qualifies as a Washington State CE program sponsor under the Washington Administrative Code, WAC 246-924-240.
Social Workers and Counselors:
- UWCNE qualifies as a Washington State CE program sponsor under WAC 246-809-610.
- A certificate of contact hours earned will be awarded for use in documenting completion of this continuing education activity.