Save The Date: IBC deadlines/BUA Applications

If your study involves biohazards, used in vivo or in vitro, then it must be reviewed and approved by the Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBC) through the submission of a Biological Use Authorization (BUA) application or a Request for Change to a BUA. This is ensures that biohazardous materials are handled properly from receipt, through use […]

F/AIR Canisters Got You Down?

Once your F/AIR canister increases in weight by 50g, it should be disposed of through EH&S chemical waste (rather than your regular lab trash). For EH&S pick up, just submit a Chemical Waste Collection Request online. They also accept requests by fax (206-685-2915) or email (