CME Women's Health Update
This conference is an annual update for health care providers on current topics relevant to women’s health. The topics are selected from suggestions from previous course attendees, areas with substantial change, and controversial subjects where medical opinions may differ. The purpose is to provide a clinical update for providers who care for women. The format is a series of short lectures followed by question and answer sessions.
- Upon completion of this activity, attendees should be able to:
- Identify patients with opioid use disorder, understand contributing risk factors, and review health effects of marijuana use.
- Manage breast complaints.
- Apply new recommendations regarding use of primary HPV screening for cervical cancer, STI diagnosis and treatment, and work-up of thyroid nodules.
- Perform work-up of common urologic complaints and use of pessary for pelvic organ prolapse.
- Assist in reproductive life planning including counseling regarding fertility, ovarian reserve, and contraception guided by MEC 2016.
- Identify patients at risk for genetic syndromes by targeted family history and genetic testing.
- Assess and treat common sleep disorders.
- Manage menopausal symptoms.