Faculty Teaching Awards
Congratulations to our clerkship educators for winning the following awards.
AOA Volunteer Clinical Faculty Award
The Alpha Omega Alpha Volunteer Clinical Faculty Award is presented annually by local chapters to recognize community physicians who have contributed with distinction to the education and training of medical students.
- Roger Rowles, MD (Yakima); 2011
APGO Excellece in Teaching Award
The APGO Excellence in Teaching Award was established in 1992 to recognize outstanding teachers in ob-gyn medical education. Over 1,500 physician educators have received this prestigious award since its inception.
- Tyler Bradford, MD (Bozeman); 2016
- Rita Hsu, MD (Wenatchee); 2014
- Bruce Hopkins, MD (Spokane); 2010
Gold Humanism Honor Society
These residents and faculty were recognized by UW students for their humanism in medicine .
- Lauren Stewart, MD (UW Resident); 2016
- Roger Rowles, MD (Yakima); 2016
WWAMI Distinguished Teacher Award
This award honors a faculty member in the WWAMI region who has played an important role in your education.
- Jan Whitefield, MD (Anchorage); 2014
- Margaret Dow, MD (Havre); 2012
- Suzanne Swietnicki, MD (Havre); 2012