|Joined UW Medicine:
Women's Health Care:
• Pre-malignant conditions/tumors of the cervix, vulva, uterus
• Stress incontinence and pelvic relaxation/prolapse
• Abnormal uterine bleeding
• Menopausal disorders, postmenopausal bleeding
• Contraception for the medically complicated patient
• Minimally invasive surgical techniques
for non-malignant gynecologic disease
Obstetrics and Gynecology, 1996
• MD Degree
(Oregon Health & Science University, 1990)
• Residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology
(University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, 1994)
• Women's health education and curriculum development
for medical students/residents
• Advanced laparoscopic techniques
• Surgical skills education and training
• Association of Professors of Gynecology and Obstetrics
• American Society for Reproductive Medicine
• Central Association of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
• Alpha Omega Alpha
• Oral Board Examiner, American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
• "Best Doctors in America", "Best Doctors in Birmingham", 2003–2005
• Argus Award Recognition for Excellence in Medical Student Education,
University of Alabama School of Medicine, 1999, 2001–2006
• Website Award of Excellence for OB Gyn Clerkship, APGO, 2002–2006
• Solvay Scholar, APGO, 2002–2004
• National Faculty Award for Excellence in Resident Education,
CREOG, 1998, 2002, 2003
Chiang S, Gerten KA, Miller KL. Optimizing outcomes of surgery in advanced age—perioperative factors to consider. Clin Obstet Gynecol 2007;50(3):813-825.
Rocconi RP, Chiang S, Richter HE, Straughn JM. Management strategies for abnormal early pregnancy: A cost-effectiveness analysis. J Reprod Med 2005;50(7):486–90.
Chiang S. Self-study geriatric curriculum with 4 modules. ACOG/Hartford Foundation Geriatric Pharmacotherapy Module. 2007.
Chiang S, Grannieri E, Miller K. ACOG Update: optimizing drug use in the older woman. ACOG Update: taped panel discussion (nationally distributed CME audiotapes), Washington DC, May 8, 2006.
Goepfert A, Chiang S. Finding an academic mentor. In: Crofton MD, ed. Career Development in Academic Medicine: Your Journey to Success. APGO, 2005:29-40.
Chiang S, Geisler W, Jackson J, Rebar R. Assessing the impact of a comprehensive sexually transmitted disease curriculum on learning outcomes. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2004;191(5):1822-7.
Phelan ST, Chiang S, eds. Solving patient problems: Ob/Gyn, Clerkship Series. Hayes-Barton, 2004.
Chiang S. Basic Surgical Skills Training [CD-ROM] 2004.
Rocconi R, Huh W, Chiang S. Postmenopausal uterine inversion associated with endometrial polyps. Obstet Gynecol 2003;102:521-3.
Richter HE, Holley RL, Chiang S, Varner RE. Surgical management of pelvic inflammatory disease. In: Bland KI, ed. The Practice of General Surgery. Philadelphia: WB Saunders Co, 2002;143-71.
Appointments & Practice Locations
Women's Health Care Center, Roosevelt (WHCC)
4245 Roosevelt Way NE, 4th Floor
Seattle, WA 98105-6920