Patient Care

Established in 1948, the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology has a faculty of 47 physicians, four PhD investigators, eight fellows, five certified nurse midwives, a diabetes clinical nurse specialist, a women's health nurse practitioner, two gynecologic oncology ARNPs, and 25 residents in training.

David A Eschenbach, MD, serves as the department's Chair. Of the 20 faculty members for whom subspecialty certification is available, 15 are board certified in their subspecialty, one is an active candidate and four just completed their fellowships and are not yet eligible. All our faculty are board certified in Ob/Gyn except seven junior faculty who are active candidates.