Nov ’15: Erika and Elliot proudly represents the Olden Lab at the Graduate Student Symposium.
Sept ’15: Olden Lab welcomes new graduate students Jane, Mathis, Vincent, Thiago and Elliot! (whew)
Sept ’15: PhD positions available at Charles Darwin University and the University of Western Australia (details); joint project with the Olden Lab.
July ’15: Julian welcomes scientists from the University of Toulouse and UBC for international workshop on freshwater biodiversity and ecosystem functioning.
May ’15: Olden Lab welcomes visiting student, Chunlong Lui, from China. Chunlong will be hanging out for two years.
Our research spans ecology, conservation, and management of freshwater systems. Within this we focus on five themes of freshwater science:
– Linking food webs & nutrient fluxes to landscape change in freshwater systems
– Ecology and management of invasive species
– Conservation biogeography
– Ecology and conservation planning in arid regions
– Environmental flows and the ecological impacts of hydrologic alteration by human activities