July ’15: Julian welcomes scientists from the University of Toulouse and UBC for international workshop on freshwater biodiversity and ecosystem functioning.
May ’15: Olden Lab welcomes visiting student, Chunlong Lui, from China. Chunlong will be hanging out for two years.
Apr ’15: Congrats to Will and Erika for receiving a 2015 NSF Graduate Fellowship! Awesome.
Jan ’15: Julian is named a 2015 Leopold Leadership Fellow (read).
Jan ’15: Olden Lab predicts that 2015 is going to be an awesome year!
Oct ’14: Former post-doc Kris Jaeger and Julian’s paper is published in PNAS!
Oct ’14: The FEC lab welcomes two new post-docs, Renata and Xingli.
Our research spans ecology, conservation, and management of freshwater systems. Within this we focus on five themes of freshwater science:
– Linking food webs & nutrient fluxes to landscape change in freshwater systems
– Ecology and management of invasive species
– Conservation biogeography
– Ecology and conservation planning in arid regions
– Environmental flows and the ecological impacts of hydrologic alteration by human activities