April 16: Olden Lab wants video diaries for World Fish Migration Day! Got a story about rivers to share?
Mar ’16: Forthcoming paper provides a global test of Eltonian niche conservatism for freshwater fishes.
Nov ’15: Erika and Elliot proudly represents the Olden Lab at the Graduate Student Symposium.
Sept ’15: Olden Lab welcomes new graduate students Jane, Mathis, Vincent, Thiago and Elliot!
Sept ’15: PhD positions available at Charles Darwin University and the University of Western Australia (details); joint project with the Olden Lab.
Our research spans ecology, conservation, and management of freshwater systems. Within this we focus on five themes of freshwater science:
– Linking food webs & nutrient fluxes to landscape change in freshwater systems
– Ecology and management of invasive species
– Conservation biogeography
– Ecology and conservation planning in arid regions
– Environmental flows and the ecological impacts of hydrologic alteration by human activities