June ’16: Have fishes had their chips? Julian blogs about the new Conservation of Freshwater Fishes book.
June ’16: Congrats to Erika for publishing her first paper! Check it out.
June ’16: Not so fast – new Olden lab publication highlights the positive role of nonnative species in disturbed environments.
April ’16: Olden Lab wants video diaries for World Fish Migration Day! Got a story about rivers to share?
Mar ’16: Forthcoming paper provides a global test of Eltonian niche conservatism for freshwater fishes.
Our research spans ecology, conservation, and management of freshwater systems. Within this we focus on five themes of freshwater science:
– Linking food webs & nutrient fluxes to landscape change in freshwater systems
– Ecology and management of invasive species
– Conservation biogeography
– Ecology and conservation planning in arid regions
– Environmental flows and the ecological impacts of hydrologic alteration by human activities