Sept ’14: Julian blogs about research aiming to predict lake vulnerability to plant invasion.
July ’14: Julian is a Visiting Professor at the Université Paul Sabatier, France – working with colleagues and eating cheese.
June ’14: We are starting another year of invasive crayfish removal on Pine Lake! Thanks to all the volunteers.
May ’14: The FEC Lab takes the Joint Aquatic Sciences Meeting by storm. Some folks actually stuck around for Julian’s plenary talk on the last day!
Apr ’14: The FEC Lab takes part in Paws-On-Science at Pacific Science Center with 450 scientists and 3000+ visitors.
Mar ’14: Meryl gave a talk on amphibian adaptations to life in the American Southwest and use of genetics to understand conservation threats at UW’s Wildlife Seminar. More info here
Our research spans ecology, conservation, and management of freshwater systems. Within this we focus on five themes of freshwater science:
– Linking food webs & nutrient fluxes to landscape change in freshwater systems
– Ecology and management of invasive species
– Conservation biogeography
– Ecology and conservation planning in arid regions
– Environmental flows and the ecological impacts of hydrologic alteration by human activities