Creating a College-Going Culture
Career & College Family Night
- Provide pictures of college(s).
- Explain the difference between 2-year and 4-year colleges.
- Explain the difference between a private and public college.
- Explain the difference between sports and academic scholarships.
- Let the students know that they can play intramural sports in college.
- Invite locals who are attending college and ask them to share testimonials.
- Provide food and a family friendly environment, making the event accessible for all.
- Embrace diversity with all displays and activities.
- Please remember: for many families, thinking about college is a new thing. It requires time for them to get use to a new idea, a new aspect to add to their lives.
GEAR UP 4 Families Academy Trip
Family Day Conference (# 8 on the list)
Education is the Future
UW in a Day
This information was collected by Early Outreach Partnership staff during several interviews, as well as the Early Outreach Symposium held at WSU Tri-Cities on January 22, 2010. Oversight provided by Genoveva Morales-Ledesma, Executive Director, WSU Tri-Cities, Early Outreach Programs.