2014 UWAA MAP SCHOLARSHIP – DEADLINE FRI 5/30
The University of Washington Alumni Association (UWAA) Multicultural Alumni Partnership (MAP) awards scholarships to deserving University of Washington students who need financial assistance to assist with their progress toward a degree at the UW. Funding for these scholarships comes from contribution from UW alumni and friends as well as proceeds from the Bridging the Gap Breakfast held annually on Homecoming Saturday.
One of MAP’s missions is to promote the UW and the UWAA. It supports the recruitment of diverse students, faculty and staff and encourages appropriate mentoring activities.
Qualifications for MAP Scholarships:
- Continuing UW student in good standing
- Full-time student at the University of Washington, undergraduate or graduate/professional
- Minimum one quarter at the UW
- Financial aid need as determined by the UW Office of Student Financial Aid
Completing the on-line application process includes two steps:
Step 1: Complete UWAA MAP scholarship application questionnaire at https://catalyst.uw.edu/webq/survey/jflowers/232281 (after submission you will receive a confirmation code and instructions for Step 2)
Step 2: Upload three scholarship supporting documents at https://catalyst.uw.edu/collectit/dropbox/jflowers/31564
- One reference letter from faculty member, adviser, academic personnel, or community leader (signed reference letter must be scanned and uploaded by the applicant)
- A one-page typed narrative describing the applicant’s personal background, academic and career goals, financial need, commitment to diversity, and the applicant’s involvement with campus and/or community organizations
- Copy of UW transcript (unofficial transcript acceptable)
Additional materials will not be accepted. We will not accept phone calls regarding application status. Recipients will be contacted by telephone. Non-recipients will not be notified; if you have not been contacted within five weeks of the application deadline, you were not selected. However, the Office of Student Financial Aid will retain your application in case other scholarship funds become available. All information will be kept confidential.
Scholarship recipients must be available to attend MAP Bridging the Gap Breakfast on Saturday, October 25, 2014. The Multicultural Alumni Partnership (MAP) strives to maintain a close relationship with its scholarship recipients. Support of a diverse student body is at the heart of MAP’s mission. Students are our future alumni; thus, MAP aims to support students and encourages your involvement in our programs.
Questions: Contact Dr. James Flowers, (206) 616-2309 or email@example.com
Applications must be submitted by Friday, May 30, 2014.