American Association of Railroad Superintendents – Frank J. Richter Scholarship Program
The American Association of Railroad Superintendents (AARS) is pleased to announce the availability of annual scholarships for eligible college or university students enrolled at an accredited college or university in the United States or Canada.
Applicants should visit this link to access application forms:
To be eligible for consideration, an applicant must:
- Be enrolled at the time of application as a full-time undergraduate or graduate student at an accredited college or university. Preference will be given to those applicants enrolled in the transportation field and all applicants will be considered.
- Demonstrate successful completion of the previous year’s study by maintaining at least a 2.75 accumulated grade point average on a scale of 1 to 4 with an “A” equal to 4.
- Accumulate enough credits from accredited school(s) in time for the Fall Semester to have obtained at least a sophomore level standing at the college or university of enrollment.
Amount of Scholarship Award—$1,000.00
Scholarship funds, awarded annually, are sent to the Financial Aid Office at each recipient’s institution at the beginning of the Fall Term of his/her second year of study.
Application Deadline—June 1, 2013
Applications must be sent to the President of the AARS and postmarked no later than June 1st for consideration for the following Fall Term. Applications are available through the AARS web site, www.railroadsuperintendents.org., or the AARS Office, PO Box 200, La Fox, IL 60174 (331-643-3369).
To apply for the Frank J. Richter scholarship the following materials must be completed and submitted to the President of the AARS:
- A completed Application for Undergraduate/Graduate Scholarship Program form including the narrative requested in Section E of the Application.
- An official transcript from the school(s) attended, including work completed through May of the year application is made.
- Two letters of recommendation.
The application and narrative statement are to be submitted in one envelope. Arrange to have transcript(s) and letters of recommendation sent directly to AARS from the appropriate person.
Evaluation and Notification
The AARS Scholarship Committee will base its evaluation for awards on the materials submitted. Points will be assigned for the narrative, recommendations, activities and honors and the applicant’s overall abilities.
Candidates will be notified of the Committee’s decision by August 15.