OMA&D Academic Counseling Services
Be a Dawg Daze Leader – Deadline: May 25 2012
Do you remember YOUR Dawg Daze? Join a dynamic and energetic team welcoming new students to campus during Dawg Daze! Dawg Daze Leaders are current University of Washington students who have a passion for UW and want to build leadership experience and give back to the University community through assisting new students with their transition to campus. Applications are now available at http://uwdawgdaze.com/leaders/
- Love for UW and being a Husky!
- Genuine interest in new students and their well-being
- Good time management skills
- Ability to initiate solutions to problems
Position Responsibilities and Expectations:
Dawg Daze leaders must be willing to help in a variety of different ways that includes, but is not limited to:
- 15 hours of your time, volunteering at over 250 events throughout the week
- Assist with Dawg Daze Check-in
- Directing and greeting students
- Be approachable and help by giving directions
- Hosting informational booths
- Escorting new students to activities
- Facilitating a new student Peer Connections Meeting
- Decorating campus
- Cleaning up after events
- Set up stations, signs, posters, and balloons
- Lead fun and exciting ice breakers to get students pumped up!
What you can get out of this experience:
- Be involved with fun, creative, and exciting Dawg Daze events!
- Meet and inspire new students
- Hands on leadership experience
- Free food at certain events
- A cool Dawg Daze T-shirt to wear
- A free copy of the UW Student Planner
- Move into the Residence Halls Early
- Access to great entertainment and events
- The satisfaction of being a part of a team that makes UW a friendly place!
Applications are due on May 25th. Apply online at: http://uwdawgdaze.com/leaders/ For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-543-4905