EA University Relations: Assistant Designer Intern
How to Apply
In addition to submitting your application through your Co-op program office, In addition to applying through your co-op office, please create a profile on our brand new student applicant site. You can apply via this link https://ea.avature.net/university?tags=lgodson.
Please indicate clearly whether you are available for a 4 month, 8 month, 12 month or 16 month term. Most positions are 4 or 8 months depending on your availability, but we do consider longer co-op terms if needed
By submitting information for a job posting, you consent and authorize Electronic Arts Canada (“EAC”) to seek, obtain and use references for the purposes of considering your application from third parties without any further notice to you.
To apply you must have the legal right to work in Canada – copies of work permits may be requested for those that are not Canadian Citizens or Permanent Residents
It’s not easy building the world’s best digital playground. It’s hair-standing-on-end exhilarating. It’s down-in-the-trenches challenging. It’s stroke-of-brilliance-at-midnight creative. It’s you—taking risks, challenging yourself, pursuing ideas, changing the way millions of people do something they love: play. In an industry that’s changing every day, EA is positioned for growth thanks to smart business plans, strategic acquisitions, and most importantly, our creative people around the world who gather each day to unite the world through play. We take that last part very seriously, so if what you’re reading excites you as much as it does us, apply today.
PopCap Games is the leading global developer, publisher and operator of casual video games: fun, easy-to-learn, captivating games that appeal to all ages across PC, mobile, social and other platforms. Based in Seattle, Washington, PopCap was founded in 2000, was acquired by Electronic Arts in 2011, and has a worldwide staff of more than 600 people in Seattle, San Francisco, Vancouver, B.C., Dublin, Seoul, Shanghai and Tokyo. PopCap’s games have been downloaded over 1.5 billion times by consumers worldwide, and its flagship franchise, Bejeweled®, has sold more than 50 million units.
We are looking for world-class game design interns who have the vision, the talent and the drive to support the next great PopCap IP. This job is not for the faint of heart—you are starting with a blank page, and the eyes of the world are upon you. You will be working with a world-class team, and given the time and creative freedom to create the games that you have always dreamed of making, with the support of amazing artists and programmers, and the global reach of PopCap/EA.
- Support the creation of innovative and engaging designs and prototypes while maintaining PopCap’s high standard of quality.
- Retain PopCap’s core brand values and game experience.
- Communicate game design clearly and concisely with team and throughout worldwide studio.
- Support and contribute to a game team through progressive and creative design.
- Provide and receive critique in a constructive manner with suggestions and solutions for improvement.
- Remain current on industry trends including: new game genres, new game design methods and emerging platforms
- Experience in game design; academic and internship experience relevant.
- Proven ability to conceptualize, create and implement game concepts using various tools and technology.
- Broad knowledge of, and passion for, the casual and classic arcade game genres; knowledge of and enthusiasm for social gaming and Facebook gaming in specific.
- Interest in new monetization and business models as they relate to game design.
- Excellent creative, analytical and organizational skills with proven ability to write, communicate and maintain detailed design documentation throughout project life cycle.
- Demonstrative proof of an open-mined, progressive thinker who is flexible, energetic and driven with the ability to overcome obstacles and challenges with working solutions.
- Familiarity with programming language basics.
- Familiarity with Flash, Subversion, Perforce, Photoshop and other tools a plus
- Comfortable public speaker.
- Currently enrolled in a bachelors or master’s program with a Game Design focus.
We’re EA—the world’s largest video game publisher. You’re probably familiar with many of our titles—Madden, FIFA, The Sims, Need for Speed, Dead Space, Battlefield and Star Wars, to name a few. But maybe you don’t know how we’re committed to creating games for every platform—from social to mobile to console—to give our consumers that anytime, anywhere access they demand. What does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to unleash your creative genius, be inspired by those around you and ignite your path in any direction you choose.
Whether you’re plotting a course for SpyMouse on your mobile or your palms are sweaty from clutching your controller during intense games of FIFA 12, chances are you’ve played an EA game. And if you haven’t, well, what are you waiting for? In an industry that’s changing every day—whether it’s through new social channels, advancing technology, new audiences or unique opportunities for monetization—EA is positioned for growth thanks to smart business plans, strategic acquisitions, and most importantly, our creative people around the world who gather each day to unite the world through play. We take that last part very seriously, so if what you’re reading excites you as much as it does us, we invite you to get to know us better.