EA University Relations: Intern, Software Developer
How to Apply
In addition to submitting your application through your Co-op program office, In addition to applying through your co-op office, please create a profile on our brand new student applicant site. You can apply via this link https://ea.avature.net/university?tags=lgodson.
Please indicate clearly whether you are available for a 4 month, 8 month, 12 month or 16 month term. Most positions are 4 or 8 months depending on your availability, but we do consider longer co-op terms if needed
By submitting information for a job posting, you consent and authorize Electronic Arts Canada (“EAC”) to seek, obtain and use references for the purposes of considering your application from third parties without any further notice to you.
To apply you must have the legal right to work in Canada – copies of work permits may be requested for those that are not Canadian Citizens or Permanent Residents
PopCap Games is the leading global developer, publisher and operator of casual video games: fun, easy-to-learn, captivating games that appeal to all ages across PC, mobile, social and other platforms. Based in Seattle, Washington, PopCap was founded in 2000, was acquired by Electronic Arts in 2011, and has a worldwide staff of more than 600 people in Seattle, San Francisco, Vancouver, B.C., Dublin, Seoul, Shanghai and Tokyo. PopCap’s games have been downloaded over 1.5 billion times by consumers worldwide, and its flagship franchise, Bejeweled®, has sold more than 50 million units.
We need your help to make the next version of one of PopCap’s beloved titles great. This position will be responsible for working closely with producers and artists to create prototypes and code to deliver a PopCap classic to consoles and beyond. We need a dedicated engineer who brings super strong console chops, solid engineering principles, and a touch of magic to bring this game to life.
- To support the creation of high quality, polished games as part of a PopCap team
- Quickly and effectively prototype new game ideas and features and contribute to the architecture and design of the game
- Work cross-functionally with producers and artists and follow project specifications to finish code on time and within requirements
- Maintain flexibility to assist with special projects, as needed
- Support the build and implementation of advanced in-game features, such as multi-player and networked game play
- Work with the team to define creative vision, technical specifications, fun factor and product content.
- Execute game designs and design revisions
- Coding experience in the gaming/console space; academic and internship experience relevant. We seek specific skills with C++, and demonstrated ability to be a quick learner for other computer software packages.
- Experience with DirectX preferred; experience with Kinect a plus
- Experience with networking and multi-player game programming
- A demonstrated passion for improving your craft
- Strong ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical team members and an interest in contributing to the creation of making great games
- Must be able to work independently with great follow-through, with strong attention to detail
- Currently enrolled in a bachelors or master’s program with a Game Design focus.
We’re EA—the world’s largest video game publisher. You’re probably familiar with many of our titles—Madden, FIFA, The Sims, Need for Speed, Dead Space, Battlefield and Star Wars, to name a few. But maybe you don’t know how we’re committed to creating games for every platform—from social to mobile to console—to give our consumers that anytime, anywhere access they demand. What does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to unleash your creative genius, be inspired by those around you and ignite your path in any direction you choose.
Whether you’re plotting a course for SpyMouse on your mobile or your palms are sweaty from clutching your controller during intense games of FIFA 12, chances are you’ve played an EA game. And if you haven’t, well, what are you waiting for? In an industry that’s changing every day—whether it’s through new social channels, advancing technology, new audiences or unique opportunities for monetization—EA is positioned for growth thanks to smart business plans, strategic acquisitions, and most importantly, our creative people around the world who gather each day to unite the world through play. We take that last part very seriously, so if what you’re reading excites you as much as it does us, we invite you to get to know us better.