Project LEAD – Application Due 12/14/12
United Way of King County’s Project LEAD (Leadership, Effectiveness and Diversity) program
A healthy, vibrant community happens when everyone is engaged in civic life. And yet, here in ethnically and racially diverse King County, too many people of color are left out of the public conversation.
United Way of King County’s Project LEAD program is currently recruiting people of color for the 2013 session of Project LEAD. Program information as well as the schedule, with class dates and times, can be found with the application through this link.
United Way of King County is changing this with Project LEAD—Leadership Effectiveness And Diversity. This nonprofit leadership training program, which this year is celebrating its 20th anniversary, prepares highly qualified people of color to become knowledgeable, responsive and strong civic leaders.
Criteria For Involvement: Due to the critical need for more diverse nonprofit board leadership, Project LEAD is open only to people of color.
Applicants Will Be Selected Based On The Following Criteria:
1. Previous volunteer service at a significant personal or community level.
2. Experience and success working as part of a team—at work, in the community, at church, etc.
3. Commitment to the program and its expectations, as evaluated during an interview.
4. Demonstrated readiness for the legal and fiduciary responsibilities required for board service .
Participant Commitments Include
1. Participants are required to attend and actively participate in ALL program sessions.
2. Participants are expected to honor the expectation to serve on a committee and/or board of their choice following completion of the program.
How To Apply To Project Lead
The application deadline for 2013 Project LEAD is Friday, Dec. 14, 2012.
Apply online OR download the application in PDF or Microsoft Word format from the website.
Submit downloaded application via:
Fax: 206.461.8495 (attn: Project LEAD)
U.S. mail: United Way of King County – Project LEAD,
720 Second Avenue, Seattle, WA 98104
For more information, contact our Project LEAD staff at 206.461.5014 or email@example.com.