R. Scott Hitt Foundation LGBT Internships
The R. Scott Hitt Foundation is offering funding for qualified candidates with the vision to be future leaders in the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) movement. Applicants do not need to identify as LGBT in order to apply. The pro-LGBT sponsoring organization that you choose to apply with will receive funding to compensate your internship position while you strengthen your resume and gain valuable skills towards becoming a leader of the future.
R. Scott HiTT was the former Chair of President Clinton’s HIV/AIDS Advisory Council and the founder of numerous activist and community organizations. He was a passionate advocate for civil rights and equality in all communities.
The Post-Graduate Internship: The Scott Hitt Internship in Leadership Development
- Application Deadline: May 13, 2011
- Post graduate students with strong academic record
- Duration: 7-9 months, 40 hour week – $20,000 Grant
- Location: An established 501(c)3 nonprofit with a commitment to the advancement of LGBT equality
Applicant contacts host organization which they want to work with and co-develops a successful curriculum encompassing these key elements: communications, fund-raising, board development and grassroots policy
The Undergraduate Internship:The A.N.G.L.E. Southern California Internship
- Application Deadline: April 15, 2011
- Current undergraduate students with strong academic record
- Duration: 8 weeks, 40 hour week – $5000 Grant to sponsoring 501(c)3
- Location: An established 501(c)3 nonprofit in Southern California with a commitment to the advancement of LGBT equality
Applicant contacts host organization which they want to work with and co-develops a successful curriculum encompassing key elements of non-profit operations and program development. Named for the nonprofit ANGLE (Access Now for Gay & Lesbian Equality) which inspired and provided the funding for these internships 3-5 recipients per year
- Visit www.scotthittfoundation.org for details.
- Choose a pro-LGBT 501(C)3 non-profit organization to sponsor your internship.
- Agree to the terms of your internship and scope of work with your sponsoring organization. Construct sponsor agreement in cooperation with your chosen 501(c)3.
- Submit your cover letter, personal essay, résumé and sponsor agreement by the above deadline to www.scotthittfoundation.org
- Check www.scotthittfoundation.org for grant award dates.
For additional inquiries, please write us email@example.com