Remo S. and Sheila A. Galvagno Scholarship
The University of Washington Alumni Association offers the Remo S. and Sheila A. Galvagno Scholarship, which is designed to support students who have balanced academic achievement and leadership with a strong work ethic. Awards will be given to recipients selected on the basis of their personal statement, scholastic achievement, leadership activities, community service and financial need, though all factors may not be weighted equally. Awards are full tuition for one academic year and are not automatically renewed for the subsequent year, although students are welcome to reapply.
- Undergraduate junior or seniors, including transfer students, but not current bachelor’s degree holders
- Current residents of the state of Washington
- Will attend the University of Washington as a full-time student in Fall Quarter of 2011
- A cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher
- Has submitted the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to determine level of financial need
Application form must be accompanied by the following:
- A personal letter of not more than 1 typewritten page describing how you balance work obligations with campus life and academic priorities.
- A list of not more than 1 typewritten page detailing your campus/community service and leadership activities.
- An unofficial transcript of your academic record through Spring 2011.
- A copy of your 2011-12 Student Aid Report from the Department of Education. If this is unavailable, please indicate the date you filed your FAFSA. If you have questions about how to obtain this information, please contact the Office of Student Financial Aid (206-543-6101).
The application and all other information must be RECEIVED BY September 7 and mailed or delivered directly to: UWAA – Galvagno Scholarship Program – Attn: Jill Edinger – Box 359508 – Seattle WA 98195. Questions may be directed to Jill Edinger at (206)685-9279.*
*Due to the high volume of applications we receive for this scholarship, we regret that we cannot answer individual questions about application receipt or status. The Galvagno Scholarship recipient will be notified by September 23, 2011. If you have not heard from the UW Alumni Association by that date, we encourage you to apply again next year.
Click here for the Galvagno Scholarship Application–>