Student Associate Position @ Center for Undergraduate Advising, Diversity, and Student Success
Student Associates work in a highly collaborative environment to provide a high level of service to students, staff and the community at large in the Center for Undergraduate Advising, Diversity, and Student Success (CUADSS). Student Associates help undergraduate students navigate the complexities of University of Washington life.
- Staff the front desk of the Center for Undergraduate Advising, Diversity and Student Success, responding to all in-person and phone inquiries.
- Help fellow students understand administrative processes.
- Work closely with 30 academic advisers in scheduling appointments, troubleshooting, special projects, etc.
- Make appropriate referrals. Be familiar with all University of Washington undergraduate academic programs/support services.
- Have a proactive understanding of College and University rules and regulations affecting a student’s progress toward a degree.
- Lead information workshops and sessions related to registration, online resources and degree requirements.
- Contribute to First Year Program’s efforts in welcoming new students and assisting them with the registration process.
- Assist in maintaining an accurate filing system for all pre-majors in the college of Arts and Sciences.
- Work as a member of a team in keeping the workspace clean and organized.
- Special projects, as necessary (event planning, data base maintenance, publications, etc.).
- Must be current UW undergraduate and have attended at least THREE quarters at the UW prior to start date.
- Utilize strong interpersonal communication and public speaking skills.
- Experience in leadership, advising and/or related activities (Freshman Interest Group Peer Instructor, Summer Peer Adviser/Orientation Leader, student groups, residential life, etc.)
- Genuine interest in working with and mentoring fellow students.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse population of student co-workers.
- Possess a demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
Time Commitment and Salary
- 10-19.5 hours a week, including some weekday evenings until 6:00pm
- Salary: $10.00 – $11.00/hr
Students interested in applying should do so through Husky Jobs on the Career Center website: http://careers.washington.edu/HuskyJobs