Summer Medical & Dental Education Program Workshop 2011
University of Washington & Seattle Pacific University Minority Association of Pre-Health Students Chapter and the UW School of Medicine Office of Multicultural Affairs Presents:
Friday, November 18, 2011 from 4-6pm
Otto Miller Hall 109 @ SPU
Click here to RSVP –>
Come learn about a FREE summer program, and get help with your application. Hear from Victoria Gardner, Director of the Office of Multicultural Affairs at UW School of Medicine and Pam Racansky, SMDEP Program Coordinator at UW speak about this once in lifetime opportunity. Hear from SMDEP alumni, including UW and SPU undergrads, as well as UW medical and dental students.
Summer Medical and Dental Education Program (SMDEP) is a FREE (full tuition, housing, and meals) six-week summer academic enrichment program that offers intensive and personalized medical and dental school preparation.
Program Offering Includes:
- Academic enrichment in the basic sciences (organic chemistry, physic, biology, etc.), pre-calculus/calculus, English, etc.
- Career Development
- Learning-Skill Seminar
- Clinical Exposure
- Financial-Planning Workshop
- Cast Western Reserve University
- Columbia University
- Duke University
- Howard University
- University of California- Los Angeles
- UMDNJ-New Jersey Medical & New Jersey Dental
- University of Louisville
- University of Nebraska
- University of Virginia
- University of Washington
- University of Texas-Houston
- Yale University
Who can apply?
- College Freshman or Sophomores (By credits)
- Identifies with a group that is racially/ethnically underrepresented
- Come from an economically or educationally disadvantage background
- Demonstrates an interest in issues affecting underserved population
Check out the following links: