Teach For America- FINAL Application Deadline – 2/20/14
TEACH FOR AMERICA
FINAL Application Deadline: Thursday, February 20
UW Info Session: Thursday, February 14 at 5:30PM in THO 135
Learn how to apply and review the application timeline here.
Start your application here.
“Who joins TFA?”
· Review the profile of our 2013 corps, some key stats:
o 38% identify as people of color
o 39% received Pell Grants
o 27% are the first in their family to attend college
o No more than 10% share the same major
· Watch YouTube videos from real TFA corps members
· Check out the TFA alums on the Forbes 30 Under 30 List (there’s 9!)
· Consider the list of the skills we look for in applicants
The Basics and Benefits
· All academic majors and backgrounds accepted.
· Regional placement is not random; applicants preference location in our 48 regions.
· All grade levels (preK-12) and subjects including ELL and SpEd.
· Salary ranging from $25,500-$51,000 a year with health insurance and retirement benefits.
· Possible Americorps Education Award of $11,100 and loan deferment/forbearance.
· Option to earn your certification and/or Masters in Education/teaching.
· Graduate school and employer partnerships for alum to continue their leadership and impact.
· DACA recipients are eligible to apply to TFA. Learn more here.
For additional information, explore our website and youtube channel or contact Katherine Kleitsch at email@example.com.