The Center for Undergraduate, Advising, Diversity, & Student Success- Student Associate Position Opening
Job Title: Student Associate (SA) Reports To: Designated CUADSS Advisor(s)
- Staff the front desk of the Center for Undergraduate Advising, Diversity and Student Success, responding to all in-person and phone inquiries.
- Work closely with CUADSS academic advisors in scheduling appointments, troubleshooting, special projects, etc.
- Be familiar with key University of Washington undergraduate academic programs and support services. Make appropriate referrals.
- Work with fellow SAs in keeping the workspace and CUADSS lobby clean and organized.
- Complete special projects as assigned by SA Supervisor, e.g. event planning, data base maintenance, filing, publications, etc.
- Must be a current UW undergraduate and have attended at least THREE quarters at the UW prior to start date.
- Must have strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse population of students and staff.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Work Study students are encouraged to apply.
SAs serve on the University of Washington CUADSS staff from September 15, 2014 (first day of MANDATORY SA training) through June 5, 2015 (end of spring quarter). Finals week, Winter & Spring break, and summer quarter are not required, but optional for additional hours.
Your employment is contingent on your availability on these dates:
- Fall Training, September 15 – 23 9:00-5:00pm
- First Staff Meeting September 18, 5:00-6:00pm
Please anticipate an average of 10-15 hours a week, including some weekday evenings until 6:00pm.
THIS POSITION CLOSES ON May 9th AT 5:00 PM. INTERVIEWS WILL TAKE PLACE ON May 27 – 30. CANDIDATES WILL BE NOTIFIED BY FRIDAY, JUNE 6TH.
If you are interested, please send your resume to UAAadmin@uw.edu.