The YMCA is hiring!
The YMCA are seeking candidates who meet the following criteria:
- Willing to live and work at camp in the summer from ~June 15 through August 26. They’ll be living in cabins that are fully enclosed, have electricity and bathrooms indoors – this is not rustic camping! There are typically two counselors in each cabin and 12 campers.
- At least 18 years old
- Have completed high school, prefer at least one year of college
- Prefer candidates with experience working with children
Here are some of the perks and benefits of being a summer camp counselor:
- Food and lodging are included in the job, so you don’t have to pay rent or pay for your food.
- Make friends with other staff from all over the world. 15 years later, I am still very close with the friends I made when I was a camp counselor!
- Gain experience applicable to management, education, recreation, and many more careers. There is not a job available to college students that will offer more opportunities to learn and grow!
You can find a lot more information (and the application) on our hiring blog.