Two Work-Study Student Assistant positions
The Office of Student Services at the School of Social Work has two openings for work-study Student Assistants positions beginning Winter quarter.
Job Title: Student Assistant III
Department: School of Social Work
Location: 4101 15th Ave NE, Room 23
Contact/Supervisor: Kelly Hoeft
Phone Number: 206-616-3646
Email Address: email@example.com
Employment Period: Academic Year and Summer
Hours per week: up to 19 hrs
Pay Rate: $9.50-$10/hr
For priority consideration, please submit your resume and winter 2013 (Monday- Friday, 9am -5pm) availability by January 11, 2013 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Data entry
* Provide information about Admissions and Student Services to visitors, students, and applicants
* Answer a multi-line telephone system and make appropriate referrals
* Assists staff with mailings, filing, scheduling appointments and events
* Must be a UW Student with work study funding.
* Must be able to work independently, exercise a high degree of judgment, initiative and responsibility in working with visitors, students and applicants.
* Strong communication skills, poise, leadership, attention to detail, and maturity.
* Familiarity with Windows, Microsoft Office Suite and data entry.
* Must be able to lift 20 lbs.
* Increased familiarity with social services agencies and university resources
* Development of interpersonal, supervisory, communication, networking, leadership and computer skills.
* Problem solving, opportunity to develop some marketing skills (create flyers, compile welcome folders, etc…), and other office maintenance skills will be enhanced.