UW GenOM Project Undergraduate Summer Research Program – Deadline: Mar 30 2012
University of Washington students are encouraged to apply to the GenOM Undergraduate Summer Research Program. The application must be postmarked no later than March 30, 2012. Students that attend other institutions are encouraged to apply to our jointly funded program, the Genome Sciences Summer Research Program for Undergraduates.
GenOM Undergraduate Summer Research participants will receive a salary and are limited to 40 hrs/week. The program will begin June 18, 2012 and end August 17, 2012 and can be extended to September 25, 2012 with the Director’s approval. There are $500 travel stipends available for presenting work at national conferences.
Students in this program will:
- be provided first-hand, quality experiences in laboratories of established researchers;
- network with fellow undergraduate researchers during scheduled weekend activities (6/23-24, 7/7-8, 7/21-22, 8/4-5);
- present their research project and poster at the University of Washington Summer Undergraduate Research Symposium on August 15, 2012;
- explore the rapidly expanding field of genomics;
- gain the confidence and academic exposure to prepare for graduate/professional level programs;
- and join a network of advisors, researchers, professors, staff, and support programs for underrepresented students.
Apply to GenOM
Click here to apply to the UW GenOM Project Undergraduate Summer Research Program–>