Western Union Foundation Family Scholarship Program
The Western Union Foundation Family Scholarship Program
Apply Online Today Through May 23, 2014!
Greetings from the Institute of International Education (IIE)! On behalf of the Western Union Foundation, we are pleased to announce that we are now accepting applications for the Family Scholarship Program.
The Family Scholarship Program provides two members of an immigrant family, currently living in the United States, with a scholarship to support their education. Scholarships may be used for college tuition, language acquisition classes, technical training and GED classes. Two family members must submit one application jointly for the program, and they can request up to $5,000 in scholarship funds per family. The Family Scholarship Program is helping immigrant/migrant fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, and brothers and sisters move up the economic development ladder through education.
Scholarship recipients are determined in a selection process independently managed by IIE. All scholarship awards will be paid directly to the educational providers, and no payments will be made directly to individuals.
- All applicants for scholarships must be age 18 or older.
- Both applicants are members of the same family.
- Applicants must have been in the United States for seven years or less.
- Both applicants must have been born outside of the United States.
- Both applicants must be living in the United States currently.
- The educational institutions for both of the family members must be in the United States.
- The application must include educational institutions for both the primary and secondary award recipients (the two family members).
- Scholarships may be used for tuition for college/university education, language acquisition classes, technical/skill training, and/or financial literacy.
- Scholarships may not be used for advanced degrees (such as Masters, PhD).
- Scholarships will be made only to accredited higher-education institutions and training/educational providers.
- Western Union employees, Western Union Agents and dependents are not eligible to apply for these scholarships.
The scholarship deadline and award notification dates are:
Application Deadline: May 23, 2014
Scholarship Notifications Made: Early July
We encourage you to please spread the word amongst your family, friends, neighbors, and colleagues to submit an application for this wonderful opportunity! For questions about the program, please visit our website or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
**Please note that if you have already received an award from the program, you are no longer eligible to apply.**