In the News
- University of Texas, MD Anderson, Houston TX
- Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY
- Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD
- Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN
- Dana-Farber/Brigham and Women's Cancer Center , Boston MA
- Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH
- Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston MA
U.S. News evaluated almost 5,000 hospitals to rank the best in 16 adult specialties from cancer to urology. Death rates, patient safety, and reputation with more than 10,000 specialists went into the 2012-13 rankings.
Nearly 900 hospitals are listed in Cancer. All are experienced in treating difficult cases—a hospital is listed only if at least 270 inpatients who needed a high level of expertise in this specialty were treated there in 2008, 2009, and 2010, or if surveyed specialists recommended the hospital for such patients. The top 50 hospitals are ranked by score. Those below the top 50 are listed alphabetically.
Local news about rankings: