A build of Student Web Service with XML/JSON/XHTML payloads for all resources (with the exception of GradeRoster) is ready for testing. This is in response to many of you who shared with us your thoughts via Uservoice, emails, chat, and/or face to face meetings. We understand that to help advance developer adoption of web services it is important we offer XML and JSON representations of our web services.
Things you should know:
- Production release scheduled for the end of this month.
- All uris, including public, have remained unchanged for Xhtml. Please see below for examples on how to get XML and JSON representations.
- Although we have a good build ready for testing there are still some bugs and design considerations we will likely fix before we release to production.
- If you already have access to the web service then no new authorizations are required from the Office of the Registrar.
- We plan on decrementing Xhtml some time in the future and will provide ample communication prior to that change.
SWS EVAL Test Environment examples:
1. Using Course Search to find all Math courses using JSON or XML. Append .json or .xml to the end of the search resource name.
2. Get public course information for Math 100. Append .json or .xml to end of the uri.
Developer documentation for these new formats is available here. The target date is about 2 weeks from now so please help us find bugs before ship date.
Your timely feedback and bug notifications will be greatly appreciated to us and the rest of the UW. Please send all issues and bugs to email@example.com.