Finally, House Operating and Capital Budget Details
The House released operating and capital budgets yesterday for the upcoming biennium (FY12 & FY13). This budget is an important next step in the budget development process in Olympia but we are far from having a final compromise budget.
The House operating budget proposal:
- Cuts state funding for the UW by $204 million over two years (32% reduction)
- Authorizes resident undergraduate tuition rate increases of 13% for both years
- Eliminates the State Work Study Program
- Increases the State Need Grant to adjust for increased tuition rates
- Mandates reductions equivalent to a 3% salary reduction
The House capital budget:
- Authorizes state funds for the Odegaard Undergraduate Learning Center renovation
- Provides some state funds for some minor capital repairs, the House of Knowledge, UW Seattle’s High Voltage Infrastructure Improvement project, and design-phase funding for Anderson Hall
Please read our comprehensive brief about the budgets and please post any questions or comments to the blog.