Why would you bother to print glass eggs?   I mean it’s really not a very interesting or complicated shaped.

We had glass bird’s nests created on the bench by a team of glass blowers but we really needed some eggs. Therefore, we printed some eggs using our process.    What do you think?

UW CGS Bird Nests

Bird’s Nests at UW Contemporary Glass Show

8 Comments on 3DP Glass at UW Glass Show

1. Katie says:

I love how 3D Printers are being used in the art world so much. Despite their capabilities for businesses, they have proved to be cross-industry resources.

2. Katie says:

3. admin says:

Katie,
    I’m glad that you like our site. Sorry, we remove links to company web sites as we are a public university. We are allowed to present companies who are engaged with us. If you work for ##### then, perhaps you should just contact us, and ask us how to play. ##### might be welcome.

4. admin says:

Katie,

5. Tanner F says:

Hello, I am very intersted in this. I am trying to make my own 3d printer. I will need a powder. I don’t have access to a kiln, I don’t have access to a convex oven. If you don’t mind, can someone tell me what kind of powder mix recipe I should use and what kind of liquid I should print with. I plan on printing with deionized water, but I might be able to use something else. My build is off of a normal inkjet printer and uses refilled ink cartriges. Also, while I would like to keep consumibles cost low, highest resolution is my maximum priority. Thanks, Tanner F

• admin says:

There are two places to look for DIY 3DP printer info: the Yahoo DIY 3D printing group and http://homemade3dprinter.blogspot.com/. Please be prepared to become fully engaged in the building process. One can rent time on a kiln (consult a local pottery store). Convection oven/pizza ovens are a Goodwill store item. As for powder and binder recommendations, it depends on what you want to make. Sugar-suger is about $0.50/lb = cheap. FYI water is not a good liquid to use for printing as it is too thick and has too much surface tension. Final resolution of parts is a result of your printhead, printer and your powder.

6. Tanner F says:

• admin says: