If the “child” inside you still longs to play, perhaps you might like to check – Makedo.   Makedo is a set of connectors, various hings, and a simple construction tool.   The Makedo folks are “seeking to inspire social change through playful creativity”.  All parts of the system are made of Nylon plastic (recycled one hopes?).

A set provides hinges (both free and fixed angle), rivet style, and a simple cut/hole making tool.

The Makedo site has a very entertaining video.  Give it a watch by going to their site.

As an engineer and designer, I find Makedo a really fun and interesting concept.   The basic idea is to turn ANYTHING thin (use provided tools to pierce hole or cut) into something useful for construction / design / art  using provided fasteners — think Erector Set.

Lastly, where will an Open / Mashable version of this idea go?

2 Comments on Something Fun NOT 3DP – Makedo

1. Erector Set says:

I agree with you, as a fellow engineer, I think using an Erector Set is a great idea for demostrating Makedo.

2. Erector Set says: