My cell phone starts buzzing but I’m in a meeting.   After a few more chores around the lab, I finally got time to check the voice mail.   “Hey Mark, this is Matt W. @ Metrix Create Space.  Bre Pettis is visiting tonight why don’t you come on over.”

Needless to say, I went over to meet Bre Pettis from MakerBot and to find out about Metrix.   Upon arriving, I was really surprised by all the action.   A group from the Univ. of WA called LearnMakeCupcake were there putting the final touches on their MarkerBot and were ready for their first print…. A laser cutter in a small room cutting out front plates for a book cover (if I understood correctly).

{ Look deeply into the depths of Bre’s MakerBot’s LEDs}

Matt W. gave me a tour around Metrix and described a bit of what’s going on!  Wow, it’s a wonderful place where people gather to make stuff and get help (and a little “hey look what I made“).  Tonight Bre was answering Makerbot questions and working with the LearnMakeCupcake group.  All great fun!

{Mendelicious…}

Matt was showing us the newest Metrix toy, an almost ready for prime time RepRap Mendal.   Very exciting.  I can’t wait to see it running.

All in All, a night of excitement, energy, and new friends.  Matt, Thanks for asking me to “Come on over.”

p.s.  I did get to talk a few minutes with Bre.   All good!

4 Comments on A Night @ Metrix Create Space

1. […] got to meet Mark Ganter, one of the heros of 3D printing. He even gave me some 3d printed glass objects. Awesome. I must […]

• admin says:

If the music had been louder, it might have felt like a dance club atmosphere. Great to meet everyone from MakerBot and Metrix!

2. […] got to meet Mark Ganter, one of the heros of 3D printing. He even gave me some 3d printed glass objects. Awesome. I must […]

• admin says: