How lovely are your driver chips…

We sneaked a peek  into the toy-land workshop (when the elves weren’t looking) or maybe there was a little too much holiday cheer.

What to our wandering (and wondering) eyes did appear?

orange_board2

Introducing the “BrainWave board” or the little orange board.   This is an all-in-one  3D printing bot board with support for 4 stepper motors, a heated extruder and a heated print bed.

As we looked around the workshop, we spied a pile of boards ready to be boxed to go out to good-little girls and boys.

pile_o_boards2

We spied the easy-bake board baker ….

board_baker2

And the board tester…

board_testing2

The rumor has it that the orange BrainWave board was designed, fabbed, pick-and-placed and tested all  in the NW.   Way to go elves (especially the low price).  Thanks for making those bot wishes come true!

Ho, Ho, Ho…Holidaz

12 Comments on Oh Little Orange Board, Oh Little Orange Board

1. Dave Z. says:

I’ve been good this year – how do I get one? :-)

I’d even give you some money. For real!

• ganter says:

Dear Dave, if you’ve TRULY been good all year, then the elves at MetrixCreateSpace will be more than happy to help you. It is $100 MSRP + tax.

We benchmark tested it this summer for a couple of weeks on a PrintrBot and it was very nice. It supports 1/32nd stepping so smoooooth. It is perfect for your stocking-bot.

Lastly, make sure you drive it with not more than 12 volts (no laptop bricks sorry). It does support a separate power supply for the heated bed which is really great for the new 8.4×12.6 inch heated bed that popped down my chimney for an AirPrusa2.

Make sure you print something special for Dina!

2. Dave Z. says:

I’d even give you some money. For real!

• ganter says:

3. Fernando says:

This test machine did you make it? it’s interesting. Can you post more pics?

• ganter says:

Fernando, We at Open3DP did not create the test machine. The board designers/fabricators built the test device. Thus I can’t provide too much detail, sorry . I watched it test the first board to be sold commercially. We did beta testing of the board this summer for a couple of weeks.

4. Fernando says:

• ganter says:

5. Tom Barrett says:

I’ve searched all over MetrixCreate:Space’s website and can’t find how to buy this board. Anyone else have luck?

6. Tom Barrett says: