As team physicians for the UW Huskies, our expertise is in treating athletic injuries. We are committed to providing care to injuries sustained at all levels of physical activity…whether a weekend basketball-warrior, recreational skier, experienced mountaineer, or professional athlete. At our sports medicine clinics and centers, we offer innovative, advanced and minimally-invasive treatment options to get active individuals “back in the game”.
- Evaluation, prevention and treatment of sports or exercise-related injuries
- Surgical and specialty care of the shoulder; elbow; hip; back; knee; ankle and foot; hands and wrist; and back-related problems
- Arthroscopic and minimally-invasive surgery
- Ultrasound diagnostics and platelet-rich-plasma (PRP) treatments
- Advanced exercise training programs; performance and sports health analytics; and physical therapy/rehabilitation for returning to activity
- Brace-fitting; custom orthotics; splinting; casting and bike-fitting; nutritional support; and sports psychology
Sports Medicine Health Care Providers
In UW Sports Medicine, we have a team of board-certified orthopaedic surgeons, sports medicine physicians, physician assistants, physical therapists, and nurses who provide comprehensive care by focusing on the patient’s current and future athletic goals.
Dr. Carol Teitz, Professor, has also been listed in Seattle Magazine's "Top Docs" for Orthopaedic Surgery in 2010-2012.
Dr. Albert Gee, Assistant Professor, is Chief of Sports Medicine and Shoulder Surgery, Puget Sound VA and a Team Physician for Husky Athletics.
Dr. Winston Warme, Associate Professor, was awarded the UW Medicine Cares Award in 2013.
Dr. John O'Kane, Associate Professor, is UW Head Team Physician and has been listed as a "Top Docs" in Seattle Magazine and the Seattle Met Magazine multiple times from 2005 to 2011.
Dr. Brian Krabak, Associate Professor, was listed in "Best Doctors in America" in 2011 and 2013 and served as a physician at several Olympic Games.
UW Medicine Sports Medicine Center
at Husky Stadium
Fax: (206) 598-3140
Making an appointment
Our staff is ready to assist you in setting up consultation, surgery, or rehabilitation. Feel free to call us with your questions and we'll help you choose a provider who can best meet your needs.
Please call 206-520-5000 or Toll Free 877-520-5000 for more information or to make an appointment.
University of Washington Physicians services are covered by most insurance plans. If you are covered by a managed care plan, you may need to get a referral from your primary care physician in order for your visit to be covered.