Jennifer Hagen (R4), Peter Cavanagh, PhD, Amy Cizik, MPH and Andrea Hanson, PhD
We are excited to announce the inaugural meeting of the Department of Orthopaedic and Sports Medicine “Joint Efforts in Research” seminar series.
With the support of our Chair, Dr. Chapman, the Resident Director Dr. Hanel, and Vice Chair for Research Dr. Cavanagh, this monthly series will be held on the first Monday of each month starting October 3rd 2011.
The seminar will be held 8:00 am at HR&T immediately following the Resident meeting in Room 117-121.
The seminar series is designed to:
- Stimulate research.
- Encourage collaboration between basic science researchers and clinical scientists within the department.
- Enable our Residents to successfully carry out their research requirement. OITE practice questions will be presented!
- Enhance musculoskeletal knowledge across departmental disciplines.
- Improve ‘Know-How’ in the process of research and orthopaedic techniques.
- Develop academic innovators.
Team presentations between a Research and Clinician Faculty member or Resident are being planned.
We hope you can join us for this enriching event, providing a platform for our geographically diverse department to share in academic discussion and to further strengthen our program.
If you are interested in presenting at this seminar please contact Andrea Hanson or Amy Cizik.
See you on October 3rd!
For more information, please see OSM RS Advertisement
Amy Cizik and Andrea Hanson
Co-Organizers of ‘Joint Efforts in Research’
Andrea M. Hanson, PhD
NSBRI Postdoctoral Fellow
Dept. of Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine
University of Washington Medical Center
Amy M. Cizik, MPH
Department of Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine