Skip to main content
Student Parent Resource Center
Important Things to Observe
- How does the staff relate to the children?
- How do the children interact with one another?
- Are activities structured and appropriate for your child’s age group?
- Do you and your family feel comfortable when you are there?
- Do you feel welcome?
- Will your child be happy there?
- Observe the living and play environment, look for clean and safe areas free of clutter or potential safety hazards.
- Do you see pictures, books, etc. reflecting your family’s culture?
- Is the noise level reasonable for the activities taking place?
- Is there a variety and choice of activities for the children?