GENERAL OTOLARYNGOLOGY–HEAD AND NECK SURGERY
EAR, NOSE, & THROAT (ENT)
The general Otolaryngology Service deals with the medical and surgical treatment of a wide variety of common ENT and head and neck disorders that do not require subspecialty attention.
Conditions managed in the Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery Clinics:
- Tonsillar and adenoidal infections and lesions
- Ear disorders including pain and drainage
- Hearing loss including diagnosis and treatment, hearing aids, cochlear implants
- Dizziness and balance dissorders including diagnosis, surgical intervention and vestiubular rehabilitation
- Oral cavity disorders, including oral lesions, disorders of taste, tongue and palate function.
- Throat disorders, including infections of the throat and throat lesions
- Nose and sinus: evaluation and treatment of nasal congestion, facial and sinus pain, nasal discharge, nasal bleeding, and change in smell. This includes the evaluation and treatment of septal deviations, rhinitis, sinusitis, nasal polyps, and nasal growths.
- Salivary gland disease, including infections, stones, salivary gland enlargement, salivary gland pain, nodules/lesions, and inflammatory disorders of the salivary glands.
- Thyroid and parathyroid disorders, including evaluation of a thyroid mass/thyroid nodule, as well as thyroid goiter. Specialized surgical treatment of disorders of the thyroid and parathyroid glands is available.
- Snoring and obstructive sleep apnea: evaluation for snoring and obstructive sleep apnea includes complete head and neck examination and often a formal sleep study. Medical and surgical options are available, including laser treatments, jaw advancement devices and multidisciplinary approaches with the sleep center and the dental clinic.
Patients are seen by our doctors, audiologists, and other providers at several locations in Seattle. The locations, addresses, and telephone numbers for the clinics are listed below. Further details (directions, doctor names, etc.) can be obtained by clicking on the name of the hospital.
Children's Hospital & Regional Medical Center
4800 Sand Point Way NE
Box 359300, W-7729
Seattle, WA 98105-9300
Clinic phone: (206) 987-2105
Harborview Medical Center
325 Ninth Avenue
Box 359894, 4WC-713
Seattle, WA 98104-9894
Clinic phone: (206) 744-3229
University of Washington Medical Center
1959 NE Pacific Street
Box 356161, NE-306
Seattle, WA 98195-6127
Phone: (206) 598-4022
Veterans Affairs Puget Sound Health Care System
1660 South Columbian Way
Box 358280, OTO112
Seattle, WA 98108-8280
Clinic phone: (206) 764-2359