English Language Support
One-to-One Support with Our English Language Specialist
Do you have a question about writing or grammar? Come to English Language Support Hour at the OWRC. Our language specialist is here to answer questions through brief conversation. Fall Quarter times are Tuesdays 2:15-3:45 in Odegaard 121. Come and talk to us!
One-to-One Support with Our Peer Tutors
Our peer tutors provide a friendly, non-judgmental, supportive environment for English Language Learners, International Students, and Multilingual Writers.
OWRC tutors are not language teachers or grammar experts, and therefore cannot edit or proofread papers for students. However, they can help writers
- identify, track, and self-correct their own language errors
- become more comfortable speaking English in semi-formal environments
- try out and use different vocabulary
- understand different prompts, assignments, and genres
- learn about US academic expectations