Using On-line Protocols
To see the protocol for a patient, go to the technologist worklist.
The patient’s Accession number hyperlink takes you to the Clinical Information window.
The first time you use this you need to configure the window to show protocols.
Select Protocol from Available Summaries and use the arrow keys to move it to Select Summaries and put it at the top of the list.
You can now see the selected protocol and comments.
CHANGING THE EXAM CODE AND PROTOCOL AT COMPLETION:
1. Open the Complete Window.
2. Select the correct exam code.
3. Click the to check the protocol.
4. The default tab ia “Clinical Info Summary”. Click the “Protocol” tab.
5. You can see the existing protocol and any comments entered by the radiologist. If the protocol does not match the one you used, correct it.
CHANGING THE EXAM:
1. Click Scheduling > Enter/Edit Exam.
2. Identify an exam, or identify a patient and then select an exam.
3. Update information as appropriate.
4. Click save.
5. If you edit the exam code for an exam with protocol instructions, a window displays the existing protocol instructions and prompts you to validate them. Do one of the following:
§ Click validate to retain the existing protocol.
§ Click invalidate to delete it. The existing protocol instructions are removed and any default protocol instructions defined for the new exam are added.
Changing the exam code upon completion does NOT prompt you to validate the protocol.
To see the protocol from the complete window, click the clinical info button (at the top of the window next to Save).
Rescheduling the exam without changing the exam code does NOT disconnect the protocol.
Exams that have an assigned protocol are identified on the worklists with a checkmark.
SETTING UP A FILTER FOR PROTOCOLS:
The first time you select the Protocols Worklist, you will get this pop-up:
Note – you will not see this if you are linking to protocols from the Tech Worklist.
The date range needs to be 7 days to cover weekends. This can be changed on the worklist window, so it’s not required. Tomorrow may be fine.
- If you want to see exams with protocols, this should say “No”.
- To have protocoled exams drop off the list, this should say “Yes”.
Enter the organization you want to view. (RR, UM, SC, SO) (leave blank for all)
Enter the Modality: (CT, MR)
Save and Name.
You can make as many filters as you want. You can also filters.