PR EDIT MODE DICTATION
TIPS AND TRICKS
- Select your document model FIRST before you start dictating.
- Say the punctuation.
- Speak in sentences, not individual words. PR listens to what you are trying to say, not just what words you are speaking.
- If you can’t get it to recognize an individual word, try replacing it with a phrase (or the entire sentence.) PR relies on context more than individual words.
- If you are saying “6 cm by 5 cm” and the system does not type 6 cm x 5 cm, try saying “times” instead of “by”.
SECTION TITLES (Edit Mode):
If you clobber a section title
- Use Ctrl S to recover it.
- Highlight the section title and say “toggle section” to restore it.
- If it is clobbering dates, try using a sentence “Compared to study dated October 10, 2009.
COMMANDS (Edit Mode):
For problems with commands, there are two key things to check.
- Make sure you aren’t clipping (more red than green on the mike display.) The mike volume adjustment on the far right side of the report window will fix this. Note, occasional red is ok.
- Leave a tiny pause between the command and the text. “Select <tiny pause> maxillofacial structures”. The pause can be quite brief, but makes a difference. It’s all about cadence.
- Give the application time to respond to the command before resuming dictation.
MACROS (Edit Mode):
Voice insertion will not work if the macro description contains capital letters.
We recommend “Press and hold” preference for the mike button because the commands work better.
- Turn on the mike, give a command, and turn off the mike so it responds to the command before you begin dictating.
- Tab to the next (or previous) field when the mike is off. Start your dictation when the cursor is in the desired field.
- If you want to dictate without holding the mike record button, click the red record button with your mouse and click the mike key when your are done. It will stay in record mode till you click the mike record key or the icon to turn it off.
- If the mike shows no connection, try closing the report and reopen. This usually fixes the problem.
No connection. If , hover the cursor over the icon to display an error message.
If , no error message is available. The light on the microphone is off in this status.
Connection made. The Microphone is available for dictation of dictation.
Waiting for translation. The light on the microphone is off in this status.
When the mike is left on and you are not speaking, it picks up and “prints” background noise into your report. Turn it off when you stop speaking.
DOCUMENT MODEL SEARCHES:
- Description field searches do not work for specific words. You must search by the first word of the description.
- Search on the first letters of the Model codes:
SUB SPECIALTY LIST and CODE:
Abdomen – GIGU
Body Imaging – BI
Body Imaging Procedure – BPI
Breast Imaging – MAM
Cardiovascular – CV
Chest – CHE
Dexascan – DEX
Interventional Radiology – ANG
Musculo-Skeletal – MSK
Neuroradiology – NR
Nuclear Medicine – NM
Radiation Oncology – RO
PET and PET CT – PET
Plain Film – XR
Ultrasound – US
Obstetrical Ultrasound – USOB
Vascular Ultrasound – VUS