Request for proposals
Request for Proposal
Developing Data Driven Solutions and Decision-Making for Safe Transport
PacTrans is now soliciting research proposals for both small and multi-institution projects under the theme of “Developing Data Driven Solutions and Decision-Making for Safe Transport.” Specific topic areas for this solicitation are as follows:
1. Performance Evaluation of Safety Projects
2. Safe Travel on Mixed-Use Roads
3. Technological Impacts on Safety
Each proposal must clearly address one of the above three topic areas. Also, they multi-institution projects require meaningful contributions from more than one institution, and all projects demand a 1:1 non-federal match. Cash match is preferred.
The submission procedure contains two steps, (1) proposal abstract submission by April 6, 2015, and (2) full proposal submission by April 20, 2015. Proposal abstracts will be used for timely recruiting reviewers. Those missed proposal submission deadline are not allowed to submit full proposals. All submitters are required to submit both proposal abstracts and full proposals before the specific deadlines.
Proposal abstracts need to be uploaded onto the PacTrans website by April 6, 2015, using the “”link located on the side bar of http://depts.washington.edu/pactrans/research/.
All Full proposals need to be uploaded onto the PacTrans website by April 20, 2015, using the “Request for Proposal” link located on the side bar of http://depts.washington.edu/pactrans/research/.
The website provides detailed information about the proposal submission process including templates for the project details, text, budget, schedule, and deliverables. Anticipated period of performance starts from June 16, 2015 approximately.
- Submission deadline for the proposal abstracts: Monday, April 6, 2015
- Submission deadline for the full project proposals: Monday, April 20, 2015
- Decisions to bidders: Tuesday, May 26, 2015
- Comments to be addressed by bidders for final acceptance: Friday, June 5, 2015
- Final decision notification: Monday, June 8, 2015
- Anticipated period of performance: One year from contract start date (appx start: June 16, 2015)